We have been helping with household chores and cleaning for years. We have hundreds of clients who rely on us. Therefore, we are familiar with the most common problems in home maintenance and effective methods for solving them.
We will share simple but effective ideas and tricks that will make your work at home accessible and make cleaning your home more manageable, the results more satisfying, and you and your family happier and more cohesive.
Minimalism at home
Minimalism not only facilitates maintenance and cleaning but also creates the impression of comfort, tranquillity and harmony. In contrast, a crowded interior carries a sense of heaviness, multiple tasks that need to complete, distracts and increases stress. And “our home is our fortress,” isn’t it? We all prefer to be completely relaxed at home and not to “run” on tasks.
Suitable appliances and preparations
Proper devices and detergents for home cleaning will save you a lot of effort. Here are some practical tips:
- Suitable vacuum cleaner. Think about what is a priority for you before focusing on a model. If you do not have time and there is not much furniture in your home, choose a robot vacuum cleaner. If you suffer from low back pain, you may prefer an upright vacuum cleaner, and why not without a cord? There are also models with an option for washing, which are convenient for daily cleaning. Think about the filter, considering the home’s size and which will be more convenient for you when cleaning and changing.
- Steam cleaner. Good choice for cleaning the home without detergents. Hot steam kills up to 99% of bacteria and germs. Also, it quickly and qualitatively dissolves various types of dirt from almost all surfaces, which saves valuable time.
- Trust the manufacturers and choose the detergents according to the flooring in the interior.
Decorative foil or paper
If you cover the shelves and surfaces in your home with decorative foil or paper, you will make cleaning as easy as possible, and in case of more dirt, you can replace the foil. There are spectacular designs on the market suitable for any furniture.
Light and fresh air
Large windows bring in more natural light, which increases vitality and reduces stress levels. Even if your home does not have large windows, do not deprive yourself of sunlight – do not leave the curtains and blinds constantly lowered.
If, in addition, you grow flowers and houseplants, you will bring more comfort and fresher air into the home. Plants that significantly reduce the number of harmful substances in the air are Devil’s ivy (Scindapsus), Ficus, Chlorophytum, Chrysanthemum, Dracaena, Azalea, Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum), Aloe, Gerber, Sansevieria, Bamboo palm. Of course, you can grow other plants – the important thing is to feel comfortable and bring you a good mood.
Good organisation is exceptionally critical and can be achieved most effectively by developing a program to maintain cleanliness and clean the home. Here are a few examples:
- You should perform certain activities every day, others – once a week and even once a month. You will save time if you do not clean the places left for the basic weekly cleaning, daily and vice versa – if you do not postpone the everyday things for another time.
- Cleanliness in some places in the home is paramount, so take care of them with priority. Such are the bathroom and the kitchen, especially the counter tops and cabinets where you keep and process food.
- Do not forget to include time for rest, favourite hobbies and festive activities with the family.
Procrastination is the enemy №1 of good organisation and is one of the most solid prerequisites for chaos and stress. That’s why it’s so important to be consistent. Here are a few key points that will prevent household chores from accumulating:
- Make the maxim “As you found it – so leave it” a habit. Whatever you do, even if you love creative chaos, always clean up after yourself. This way, you won’t accumulate work in addition to the weekly home cleaning.
- Do small things in principle and consistently. We all know how the temporary usually becomes permanent. Do not allow this with something that would cost you more time and energy.
And in addition – the less you procrastinate, the more opportunities you will have to procrastinate. It sounds paradoxical at first glance, but it means that if at some point you are busy than usual or if you do not feel well, or if the weather is just wonderful and you want to be in the air instead of cleaning, you will be able to allow it without worry.
Distribution of chores
- Each household member must take personal responsibility for home comfort – taking care of their belongings and not forgetting to clean up after themselves.
- Do not take on everything yourself. Everyone who lives in the home must have obligations and do them regularly. The best distribution is for everyone to do what they do most efficiently, with the least effort and pleasure.
- Delegate – leave it to someone else when you cannot complete some of your home maintenance responsibilities. Don’t take on more work than you can do without getting tired. If you need, hire a housekeeper or take advantage of a professional home cleaning service.
And a bonus tip: The little things that affect motivation
- Keep cleaners handy – you don’t want to spend half your cleaning time looking for detergents or walking from room to room to pick up something. Put things exactly where you use them most often.
- Start with the most complicated and most annoying. In the beginning, you are full of strength and energy, and in the end, you are more inclined to leave for later. Let the end of the cleaning be as easy as possible for you.
- Start with the most urgent and do not waste time on things that are not a priority – for example, do not do weekly cleaning activities every day.
- The right attitude. Smile, and don’t make cleaning an unpleasant task. It’s for you and your comfort.
Even if you are bored or tired, accept home maintenance as an investment in peace and contentment.
All this will save you time to spend with your loved ones or for your favourite hobbies, for a complete vacation or activities you always postpone due to lack of time. And one more thing – a good mood today will make you happier in the long run.